It’s time for a Mila post. There is so much to share I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve been recording some of her “sayings” lately and new experiences that we’ve shared over the last few weeks….
- She says WATER with an english accent. Makes me laugh every time.
- She has to get “daddy kisses” in the morning and at night. If we are hanging out with people, she needs to get a kiss from everyone before we leave. She doesn’t let Mike leave the house in the morning before getting a kiss and she reminds him to give me one!
- She often WAKES UP asking for cookies. We have a new rule that she can’t have any until after lunch, otherwise she’d be getting cookies all day long!
- If you ask her “What color is this?” she’ll say purple every time just because it’s her favorite. Then we’ll ask her what the REAL color is and she’ll tell you the right one. She knows all of her colors and is even learning dark and light.
- She loves to watch cars, trucks and busses drive by. She normally waves “bye bye” but recently she’s also been asking to touch or kiss them. Last night she also asked if she could kiss the sun as it was going down. I told her to just blow kisses, so all night she was saying “night night sunshine!” and blowing kisses to the sky.
- At bedtime I ask her who she wants to pray for. She loves naming people and praying together.
- Every time she sees letters she shouts ABC’s!
- She’s learning the song “Read your Bible & Pray every Day” and “This Little Light of Mine” for the Spring Children’s Program. She loves songs with motions and wants to do them over and over. HOWEVER, if I start singing it and she doesn’t want to practice, she’ll say no, no, no and make me stop singing.
- She has learned to say “MYSELF!” and I hear it often! If she tries to do something for awhile and can’t, she’ll stop and say “Help, MAMA!” (As if I never offered!”
- Mila now says “BYE BYE YALL!” and man, is it cute!
- She is a water baby! We play in her pink pool several times a week. Yesterday she also wore a life jacket for the first time and played in a big pool!
- She loves to color with crayons and sidewalk chalk, go on wagon rides, stack her cups and rings, play with her seashells and in the sand, put her shoes on other people, swing, and help water plants.
- We went to the ocean for the first time and she loved putting her toes in the water and watching the waves!
Mila in her 9 MONTH Easter dress (at 21 months!)