As usual, I’m feeling the need to write some things down. I want to remember these precious stages and I can’t trust my own brain to hold onto them. For a lot of reasons.So here’s what’s been going on with us since my last post…
1. We took our first visit to the zoo! Took a lap and saw the animals first, then went around again to see the lights. Mila LOVED the elephants and the flamingos! And of course, the lights. (Thank you to the Baston’s for the guest passes!)
2. We love bubbles. Still playing with them in the front yard in our crazy “winter” weather. Enjoying 60+ degrees in the afternoon and some sunshine!
3. Mila ate her first Thanksgiving meal — Turkey, broccoli & rice casserole, stuffing, corn souffle, sweet potato casserole.. and lots of dessert!
4. We have ditched the nighttime bottle!! After needing it again in the hospital a few weeks back, we have now moved on to sippy cup land. YAY!
5. We made sugar cookies together! We got messy & had fun!
6. Mila has started going to our church daycare a couple days a week for a few hours. She is going through separation anxiety big time, but I know when I leave she is loving the interaction!! She has made several crafts there, learning new songs and even beginning to learn some letters & new sounds. I love it.
7. Carseat is now FACING FORWARD!! While we are still cranky on longer trips, this is a much improved situation for everyone! She loves to be able to see what’s going on, loves that she can see us in the front seat, loves her cupholder and that she can have toys on her lap. And I know she is so much safer.
8. New words: cracker, doctor, dirty, bath, cookie, bubble, balloon, ball, no no, yummy-yummy
9. Mila has picked up on my habit of patting her on the back to comfort her – she is now doing it to me. Whenever she is upset and I pick her up, she pats me on the back. SO SWEET!
10. She loves FROSTY the snowman cartoon!! It’s the first thing we’ve been able to watch with her when she wakes up in the morning for about 10-15 minutes… that’s a long time sitting still for this busy girl.
11. Ending on number 11… Lastly… we are eating with a spoon on our own!! She’s getting it
I am so excited to share a quick recap from all the fall mini sessions this year. I was able to crank out editing and getting the CD’s out since we are going to visit family for vacation!! Yay for a quick turn around and a work free vacation! Thank you to everyone who booked a session this year – I am always so grateful. I can’t say enough about how much I enjoy watching these families change from year to year… it’s so fun! Happy Thanksgiving to these wonderful clients, families & friends.
(They booked a double session for Lee’s first birthday pictures! So I’m sharing a few extra of them!)
A few people commented that I didn’t really have pictures of Mila in the last post… so here they are! HA! She was feeling great yesterday… no fever in a week… and it was a beautiful BEAUTIFUL 80 degree day, so what did I do? Take pictures!! Thanks to Marie for helping me chase:)
I figured it was about time for an update. I haven’t written since August, and while it was more of an exercise to document the first year, I want to keep going for my own memories.Here are some things that are going on with our little one.
I know understand what it’s like to chase my own child with a camera and only get pictures like this…. ha!